You can book online using our secure server by following the links provided on each workshop page. These take you to an online booking form.
You can also print out a booking form and post or fax it to us.
Please read this page carefully before completing the booking form.
- Before you book
- Booking Experience Week
- Tiered Pricing
- Send your booking
- Financial help
- Group bookings
- Mobility Impairment
- Practical information
- The Findhorn Foundation is a spiritual community, learning centre and ecovillage. While we offer a caring and conscious environment, we are not a healing or therapy centre. We are also not a retreat centre in the traditional sense, though we do offer retreat weeks. The Foundation is a working community created by staff and co-workers who welcome guests to share in our way of living.
Before you book your workshop or event
- Please read the Booking Form carefully and ensure you have included all necessary information. A checklist is provided on the booking form.
- Book well in advance to ensure a place in the workshop of your choice.
- If you book online your payment will not be directly debited by the website, your payment will only be taken upon confirmation and completion of your booking.
- Please send a £95 deposit per person per workshop. This deposit is not refunded unless your workshop is cancelled.
- The balance of your payment is due four weeks before the starting date of your programme. We will take this from your credit/debit card automatically, or you can send us a cheque or bank transfer. We suggest you arrange holiday insurance as, if you cancel after this point, we can refund only 50% of the balance (the deposit is non-refundable). If you cancel within one week of the programme, there is no refund.
- On any refund made to a credit/debit card there is a fee of £5.
- When booking a programme that starts in four weeks or less, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Wait for confirmation before making travel arrangements as we cannot guarantee bookings for any given week. Please allow 1–2 weeks for confirmation.
- To make a Short-Term Guest booking please do not use the online booking form. Email us at for more information or see the Short Term Guest page on this website.
- For Erraid workshops you cannot use our online booking system. Please use the information on the workshop page to contact Erraid directly.
Booking Experience Week
Many of our workshops and programmes require prior participation in Experience Week. Conferences, Special Events, Findhorn Foundation College programmes, and some workshops do not have this requirement. Please refer to page containing the workshop information.
When you book your Experience Week please write a letter telling us about yourself, your spiritual background, if any, and why you want to visit. This introductory letter is your first step into the spirit of the week and helps the Experience Week facilitators get to know you and to prepare the programme. If you are a couple, or a family making a booking together, please will each one of you write a separate letter. Most people write between one and two pages. Here are a few guidelines to help you when writing your letter:
- Please don't make it a CV or a literary exercise! Mistakes in language do not matter, it is more important that you write a letter from the heart.
- Include your age and, in your own words, an outline of your present life (this could cover your present circumstances, your life choices, those people who are important to you, what inspires you, your joys and challenges, and so on).
- Describe your reasons for wanting to participate in an Experience Week.
- If you have — or have had — any emotional or health difficulties, we would like to know if and how these are affecting your life now.
- Finally, please write or type the letter yourself. We will treat it as confidential (and suggest you do the same, if this helps you, when you are writing and posting it).
- Please enclose your letter with your deposit and booking form.
Please apply well in advance for your Experience Week, if possible, and wait for confirmation of your booking before making travel plans.
Before you book your place, please take a moment to consider that the Findhorn Foundation is a Charitable Trust. We believe that the benefits of holistic learning should be available to everyone regardless of their financial or life situation, and that the transformational journey is enriched by a diversity of participants.
We recognise that what is affordable for some can be a financial stretch for others and offer a tiered pricing structure. When you book, please select the price that feels appropriate for you.
Pay it Forward Price covers the cost of your workshop and includes a contribution to our bursary fund. This will make participation possible for one or more people who otherwise would not be able to join our transformational work in the world.”
Sustainable Price covers the cost of your workshop and helps us to sustain our learning and guest facilities.
Supported Price reflects a partial bursary toward the cost of your workshop and is intended for those with minor financial need.
Send your booking
- You can book online by following the links on each workshop page.
- You can print out and send a booking form by post to:
The Park, Findhorn
Moray IV36 3TZ
- Or fax it to: +44 (0)1309 691663
- If you need to contact us about a booking, you can call our Booking Office on +44 (0)1309 691653 or email them at
The Booking Office hours are 10am–12.30pm and 2pm–4.30pm (British Standard Time) Monday to Friday, however we are closed on Thursday afternoons. If you can only phone outside these times please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- For general enquiries please contact our Enquiries team, send an email to or telephone +44 (0)1309 690311.
We prefer payment by card or cheque. We accept most credit or debit cards but not American Express. Please do not send cash in the mail. Payment should be in pounds sterling (GBP – £). In most countries it is possible to buy a cheque in GBP from your bank. Please note that we cannot accept Eurocheques.
It is also possible to pay using a bank transfer – please contact the Bookings office for bank details if you wish to use this method of payment.
Financial Support — Bursaries
We do not wish to exclude people with a low income, young people, people who are unwaged, or people from developing countries. Limited bursary funds are available towards the cost of participating in our programmes and we encourage those who need help with payment to apply.
Please apply for financial support well in advance of the start date of your chosen workshop(s), certainly no later than 2 weeks before. Please tick the box on the booking form, so Bookings can send you our Bursary application form. Please fill in all fields on this form, which includes your financial situation, resources, income, expenditures, savings and stating the amount that you are able to pay. It is possible to combine a bursary with a pay agreement to spread payments over a maximum of 3 months. Please note that the deposit/payment will not be processed until a bursary/payment has been agreed on. All bursaries must be arranged in advance of arrival.
We welcome contributions to our bursary fund and encourage those who can to contribute, so that those who cannot pay the full amount may still come here. A space is provided for this kind of contribution on the booking form.
We suggest you arrange holiday insurance in case of cancellation by either yourself or by The Findhorn Foundation.
If you have to cancel a workshop:
If you cancel more than four weeks before the workshop start date, we will refund the amount you have paid less the deposit as the deposit is non-refundable. If you have paid only the deposit, we are unable to offer any refund.
If you cancel within four weeks of the workshop start date, we will refund 50% of your payment after deducting the deposit as the deposit is non-refundable. If you cancel within one week of the workshop, we are unable to refund any of your payment.
On any refund made to a credit/debit card there is a fee of £5.
If we have to cancel a workshop:
Sometimes we have to cancel workshops due to unforeseen circumstances or low numbers. We will do our best to notify you of this four weeks before the start date of your workshop.
Hopefully you would find another workshop running at the same time that you would like to attend. We would then apportion your payment to the new workshop. If you would prefer a refund, we will refund the full amount that you paid including the deposit.
If you would like to organise an Experience Week for a special interest or tour group, please write to us in advance. We welcome such groups and will include you in our schedule wherever possible.
If you use a wheelchair or have any other mobility impairment please let us know in advance. Cluny Hill, where most of our programmes are held, is a multi-storey building with limited access to the upper levels via staircase only. We do have accessible facilities in The Park – accommodation and meeting rooms – but these are not always available. If you have specific requirements please contact before booking your programme to ensure we can meet your needs and send us details together with your Booking Form.
Unless stated otherwise on the programme page, all our programmes start after lunch on Saturday afternoon. Registration is between 11:00am and 12:15pm on that same day at either Cluny Hill or The Park. This will be confirmed, or you will be told if these details are different, in your Letter of Confirmation sent to you by our Bookings office when they process your booking. It is important for you to be present for the start of the first session of your workshop or event so please do try to make your arrangements accordingly. You will find helpful travel and accommodation information here.
We are unable to accept your pets in our accommodation.
Accommodation for week-long programmes is provided until 9:00am Saturday morning (includes Friday night). Programmes end on Friday evening with a celebration dinner. Month-long programmes likewise complete on the Friday evening with a celebration dinner, with accommodation until 9:00am Saturday morning. Accommodation for three-day, four-day and five-day programmes is provided until 9:00am the morning after the final day, e.g. a three-day programme starting on Saturday will include accommodation until Tuesday morning.
What to bring
We suggest you bring suitable clothing and footwear for indoor and outdoor activities, including participation in one of our service departments and being in nature. The weather varies a lot here, so include warm and waterproof clothing – in all seasons! You may want to bring an umbrella, socks for shoe-free spaces, and a hair dryer. You do not need to bring towels or bed linen, as we provide these.
Accommodation and Meals
Reflecting a community experience, our accommodation is simple and generally shared. Towels and bed linen are provided. Fees also include all your meals and daily refreshments with a selection of teas and coffees and snacks. Our kitchens provide vegetarian meals with our food being mostly organic/seasonal/locally sourced. Very occasionally we may serve meat or fish. Vegetarian, vegan, wheat free, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free and alcohol free alternatives are available on request. Unfortunately, we cannot cater for any other dietary requirements, including those of people with coeliac disease.
Arriving early or staying on
For those guests who have been here before on a Findhorn Foundation programme, we offer the opportunity to arrive on the Friday immediately prior to the start of your programme and for you to stay overnight at either Cluny Hill or The Park, depending on the location of your programme. Please note that we cannot guarantee spaces will be available, particularly during the summer, and are dependent on the popularity of other events at the time. Please contact our Bookings office a week before your programme begins to confirm availability. We are unable to extend this offer to first time visitors or new guests joining Experience Week. However, all guests are welcome to request to stay on for a few days after your workshop or event has finished. The cost is £38 per day for bed and full board and can be booked during the week of your programme. You can also stay at Findhorn Bay Holiday Park, or choose a place to stay from the list of local Bed and Breakfast guest houses. Most local B&Bs are not equipped to take credit cards as payment.
Families and children
During the summer we offer programmes especially for families with children – Family Experience Week (see our list of Experience Weeks for details). Families may also stay here by arranging their own accommodation at the Findhorn Bay Holiday Park or a local Bed and Breakfast or by taking part in our Short Term Guest programme. Most local B&Bs are not equipped to take credit cards as payment.
All information included in any of our publicity is correct at time of going to press, and is subject to change. Whilst every effort is made to provide the workshops and services as advertised, we do not accept liability for:
- Cancellations or changes caused by unavailability of staff, low bookings, weather conditions, maintenance work, acts of God, acts of Government or any other authorities, or any situations beyond our control or subsequent to participation in one of our programmes.
- Participants’ medical or psychiatric conditions which may exist or which may arise during or subsequent to participation in one of our programmes.
- Loss of, or damage to, personal property of our guests.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to our programmes if, on arrival, participation appears to be inappropriate. We also reserve the right to ask any visitor to leave if their behaviour is disruptive to the function of the Foundation and community or interferes with the rights of others. In the final instance, all matters arising from a dispute are subject to Scottish law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.