Please read the following information carefully to ensure potential participants will receive the maximum benefit from this unique programme.
- Findhorn Co-Ability Week requires participants to be able to engage with activities and people around them (not necessarily verbally). It is therefore unsuitable for people with a severe learning disability.
- Whilst it is recognised that participants may not meet all criteria all of the time, it is anticipated that they will be willing and able in most circumstances to:
- Sit/stand in a circle of people
- Hold hands with others in a group (usually in a circle)
- Undertake light physical tasks with help according to ability (this may include gardening or vacuuming amongst other ways of contributing to the community)
- Participate in light physical activities, such as playing music, using clay, dancing etc.
- All participants with a learning disability must be accompanied by a carer who is well known and liked by the individual in question. The carer must be appropriately trained to provide for the medical, physical and emotional needs of the person they are supporting.
- All participants must be aged 18 or over.
- Findhorn Co-Ability Week is a group journey; it is essential that carers (parents/guardians/paid professionals) are willing and able to contribute fully as an individual participant throughout the duration of the programme in addition to their role as carer.
- Accommodation and communal buildings at the Findhorn Foundation have wheelchair access.
- Carers must take full responsibility for the person they are supporting throughout the duration of the week.
- English will be the only language used throughout the week.
If you are confident that you fulfil the above criteria, please click here (right click and select the “Download linked file” option) to download a short Application Form to your computer. When you have filled in the form you can submit it electronically as an email attachment to [email protected], or you can print it out and post it to:
Findhorn Co-Ability Week
We will contact you within a week of receiving it to discuss your participation in the programme, answer any questions you might have, and guide you in completing the booking and paying process.
We look forward to welcoming you to Findhorn.