Terms & conditions
Last updated: 13 January 2022
1. Who are we?
The Findhorn Foundation (FF) is an educational charity within The Findhorn Foundation community. There are two sites – The Park, within the Findhorn Ecovillage Community and Cluny Hill, Forres. We reserve the right to alter the venue for any workshop/event at any time. Workshops and events are offered in the context of our community environment.
2. Personal Well Being
- Programme participants are responsible for maintaining their own well being during participation in our residential and online workshops.
- On booking participants must alert us of any pre-existing medical conditions, mental health, emotional, addiction issues and physical limitations/disabilities so that together we can assess whether the workshop environment is suitable for participation.
- Whilst we have trained facilitators for our workshops we are not a healing or therapy centre. FF workshops and events are not intended to be therapy or to replace any therapeutic treatments.
- All participation is at the participants’ own risk. The Findhorn Foundation and/or any Partnerships do not accept any liability for any health issues that may arise or seem to arise during or as a consequence of participation in this workshop.
- Abuse of legal or illegal drugs or alcohol while attending our workshops is not permitted. Any participant who does so will be asked to leave the workshop and no refund given.
- Full participation is required for our workshops so please ensure you are able to make the time commitment and demands of being ‘in a workshop’ intensively with others.
- Participants should continue to take their prescription medicines throughout the duration of the workshop. Residential participants should make sure they bring an adequate supply with them.
3. Visa Requirements
It is the responsibility of each person visiting the Foundation to ensure that they have the correct visa issued by UK authorities for entry to the UK and to attend any recreational workshop/event booked at the Findhorn Foundation. If you possess a visa to remain in the UK on a long term basis a copy must be provided when confirming your booking. If you do not possess a visa then you may be required to apply for a Standard Visitor Visa through UKVI. You must ensure that you have the correct visa status when attending any recreational workshop/event. The Foundation holds no responsibility and will not advise you in respect of visa applications. Your attendance at any recreational workshop/event at the Foundation does not amount to sponsorship.
At the time of registration on arrival you will be asked to provide a copy of your passport and visa status.
4. Experience Week Prerequisite
Many of our workshops and events require prior participation in Experience Week. Conferences, Special Events, Findhorn Foundation College programmes, and selected workshops do not have this requirement. The web page containing the workshop information will indicate if Experience Week is a prerequisite or not.
- We prefer payment by card. We accept most credit or debit cards but not American Express. Please do not send cash in the mail. Payment should be in pounds sterling (GBP £). It is also possible to pay using a bank transfer – please contact the Bookings office for bank details if you wish to use this method of payment.
- When you book online and we do not accept your booking then we will refund any payment including the deposit at the earliest possible time.
- For residential workshops
- unless specifically stated otherwise on the workshop page, a £95 non refundable booking fee per person per workshop/event is required. This booking fee will only be refunded if your workshop/event is cancelled by us. (See point 7 below/covid cancellations).
- Unless otherwise stated the balance of your payment is due four weeks before the start date of your workshop. We will take this from your credit/debit card automatically, or you can send us a cheque or bank transfer.
- When booking a workshop/event that starts in four weeks or less, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Wait for your confirmation email before making travel arrangements as we cannot guarantee bookings for any given week. Please allow 1–2 weeks for confirmation, although we will endeavour to contact you well before this.
- For online workshops
- A non-refundable booking fee is included in the cost of your workshop.This is not refunded unless your workshop is cancelled by us (see point 7 below/covid cancellations).
Our quoted prices are fully inclusive of participation in the workshop or event. For residential workshops, accommodation in our participant rooms (including towels and linen), all meals and refreshments, and full access to our community facilities such as our meditation sanctuaries. Some community facilities, such as saunas and hot tubs, ask for a donation for use.
Before you book your place, please take a moment to consider that the Findhorn Foundation is a Charitable Trust. We believe that the benefits of holistic learning should be available to everyone regardless of their financial or life situation, and that the transformational journey is enriched by a diversity of participants. Please consider donating to our bursary fund.
Different prices reflect different standards of accommodation. All our rooms are simply furnished, you can select either a multi occupancy room/Double/Twin/Single, some ensuite /private bathrooms are available at each site. All rooms are allocated on a first come first served basis according to availability.
We strongly suggest you arrange holiday insurance in case of cancellation by either yourself or by the Findhorn Foundation. Although we sympathise, we cannot be liable for changes in your personal circumstances.
- Participant cancellations – residential workshops/events
- Cancellations up to 15 days from the start of your workshop/event – refund of payment minus the booking fee.
- Cancellations within 14 days of the start date of your workshop – no refund available. For Findhorn Foundation workshops/events only* – non-refundable credit towards a future workshop to be booked at the time of the cancellation. Any credit transferred remains non-refundable and can only be transferred once.
- *No credit can be transferred for any partnership/affiliate workshops, including Festival of Sacred Dance.
- Cancellation on arrival day, no show, early departure – no refund available.
- Festival of Sacred dance – refund policy
- Payment is due 56 days prior to commencement of the Festival.
- Cancellations up to 57 days of the start date of the Festival – refund of payment minus the booking fee.
- Cancellations within 56 days of the start date of the festival – no refund available.
- Participant cancellations – online workshop
- Cancellation policies vary according to the workshop, please see individual workshop pages for more information.
- The Findhorn Foundation reserves the right to cancel a workshop/event at any time. We will do our best to notify you of this beforehand. If the workshop is cancelled before the start date you will receive a full refund. We do not accept any liability for any travel expenses incurred and strongly advise travel insurance. Please see the additional notes below for covid cancellations.
- Covid cancellations/outbreak
- If you need to cancel before the start of the workshop/event because of testing positive for Covid-19, or you have to self isolate or are caring for someone with covid we will refund your payment minus the booking fee. If you are unable to attend due to a change in UK Government lockdown rules you will receive a full refund including the booking fee. We require proof of requirement for covid isolation for any refund.
If there is an outbreak amongst the retreat group during the retreat period – we will terminate the retreat and participants will need to make their way safely home where possible, as we may not have capacity for participants to self isolate in our premises. If you have to self isolate in our accommodation then you agree to pay accommodation and food costs incurred.
If any workshop/event is terminated due to a Covid outbreak on site, participants will be refunded on a pro-rata basis on request.
8. Covid Regulations
With the ever changing regulations, we reserve the right to change our pre arrival requirements, as well as our ‘in workshop’ covid hygiene protocols. This may mean you are required to take a PCR or Lateral Flow test before arrival as well as several times during your stay. You may also be required to wear masks whilst participating in the workshop both during workshop time as well as the indoor shared spaces you share with your fellow participants. If you are exempt from mask wearing, please bring your exemption lanyard/pass. We appreciate that there are differing beliefs and opinions regarding coronavirus and its spread, however our duty of care obligations require us to adhere to governmental guidelines. If you do not feel able to adhere to these requests prior to and during your stay we ask that you please do not book on to our workshops. You may be asked to leave (without refund) if during your stay you are not able to agree to these requests.
9. Accommodation and Meals
On booking you can select your preference for a single sex dorm room/double/twin or single room, these will be allocated on a first come first served basis and have different cost implications. Towels and bed linen are provided.
Fees include all your meals and daily refreshments with a selection of teas and coffees and snacks. Our kitchens provide primarily vegetarian food. Vegan, wheat free, sugar free, as well as gluten and dairy free alternatives can be requested on your booking form. If you require a diet that is more specialised, we cannot guarantee to fulfil your needs. We cannot cater for people with serious food allergies or multiple food intolerances.
10. Use of Likeness and Photography
- The Foundation or its agents may video or photograph onsite and online workshops, conferences and events, which will include its participants, some of which will be used for promotional or informational purposes in our brochures, website and newsletters. We will always endeavor to inform you of this beforehand but by participating in an event you agree that the Foundation or its agents may take photographs that include your image and also may record your image/voice and you agree to the Foundation’s usage of these for promotional, informational and training purposes without compensation of any kind.
All information included in any of our publicity is correct at time of going to press, and is subject to change. Whilst every effort is made to provide the workshops and services as advertised, we do not accept liability for:
- Cancellations or changes caused by unavailability of staff, low bookings, weather conditions, maintenance work, acts of God, acts of Government or any other authorities, or any situations beyond our control or subsequent to participation in one of our workshops/events. Participants’ medical or psychiatric conditions which may exist or which may arise during or subsequent to participation in one of our workshops/events.
- Loss of, or damage to, personal property of our participants.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to our workshops if, on arrival (in person, or online), participation appears to be inappropriate. We also reserve the right to ask any participant to leave if their behaviour is disruptive to the function of the Findhorn Foundation and associated Community or interferes with the rights of others.
In the final instance, all matters arising from a dispute are subject to Scottish law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
12. Alterations to T&C’s
We reserve the right to amend our Terms and Conditions at any time as we deem necessary.