Terms & Conditions for Summer Retreat Guests
Last updated 20 April 2021
- Bookings made through our online system are provisional until confirmed by us.
- The Findhorn Foundation and its employees shall not be liable for any damage to or loss or theft from any accommodation or other property, nor for any injury, accident or mishap to any person on the site, unless the same be caused or contributed to by a negligence or default on the part of the Findhorn Foundation or its employees.
- Management reserves the right to refuse permission to use the site.
- Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children and all minors around The Park, Findhorn Foundation and facilities at all times.
- Dogs are only permitted in certain properties. There will be an extra charge of £25 per week or part thereof for dogs (maximum 2 dogs per property). Dogs must be house-trained, kept under proper control and not allowed on the furniture, and especially the beds, nor left unattended in the property.
- Dogs must be kept under control at all times, and on a lead when outside in the Park and the woods. Pet owners are responsible for clearing up any dog fouling. Pets are not permitted in communal buildings.
- Use of a barbecue is not permitted. Bonfires/open fires are not permitted.
- For the safety of all, there is a speed limit of 5 mph on the site. Any person exceeding this limit, or driving without due care, will be asked to leave. Please note that we request that no vehicles are parked on the grass.
- Musical instruments, TV’s and radios, portable music devices and all motor vehicles must not be used to cause nuisance to others, especially between the hours of 9.30pm – 8.30am.
- Firearms, of any kind, are not permitted in The Findhorn Foundation at any time. Any persons found to be in possession of firearms will be asked to leave.
- Any abusive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated and Management reserves the right to ask Guests to leave.
- Entry to the accommodation is from 4pm. You must vacate your accommodation by 9.30am on the day of departure to allow sufficient time for cleaning and inspection.
- Guests expecting to arrive after 5pm must notify the office of their expected time of arrival. The latest time of arrival is 8pm (by prior arrangement).
- Retreat Guests must undertake to keep their accommodation in a clean and tidy condition during the period of their occupation, and upon departure. If the accommodation is not left to a satisfactory standard a minimum charge of £60.00 will be made
- Before occupying the accommodation the guests should satisfy themselves that the accommodation is in good condition. By occupying the accommodation, the guest accepts responsibility for the accommodation and its equipment throughout the retreat period. Guests will be charged for any damage or breakages.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of our properties. Any breach of this will result in a fine of up to £250.00 in order for the property to be cleansed to a satisfactory standard.
- Retreats cannot be booked by minors (those under the age of 18 without the direct supervision of at least one responsible adult.) Bookings for 18-21 year olds must have written approval from Management.
- Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on our website occupy the property, We reserve the right to refuse admittance or require you to leave our property if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use our accommodation or facilities.
- If you are required to self isolate in our accommodation, in accordance with guidelines imposed by the UK and Scottish Governments in relation to Covid-19, you will be responsible for all additional costs for any additional nights out with the pre- booked Retreat period.
- Payment of a deposit constitutes accepting these conditions.
Cancellations & Refunds
- A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm booking. The balance is to be paid in full one month before the retreat commencement date.
- If you cancel in less than 7 days of your arrival then we cannot refund your payment. If you cancel more than 7 days before your arrival date we will refund your payment, less the non-refundable deposit – so, for example, if you are booked to arrive on a Saturday you must inform us by the previous Saturday of your intention to cancel in order to qualify for any refund.
For this reason, we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This will give you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday at almost the last minute. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- If you cancel your booking due to Covid-19 from any of the following scenarios i.e. any lockdown restrictions or; you or someone in your household contracts Covid-19 or has been asked by Test & Trace/Test & Protect to self isolate (evidence of this will be required) or; if the The Findhorn Foundation is forced to temporarily close due to government restrictions mentioned or there is an outbreak of Covid-19 on site and we can’t fulfill your booking, then you will be offered the choice from the following two options:
We can rearrange your booking to a later date of your choice (subject to availability).
We can issue a full refund for the booking.
- You can request change of Retreat dates subject to availability if the request is made at least one month prior to the original booking.
- Early departure by your choice does not attract any refund.