Our Communications Department is very happy to meet your requests for information, interviews, photographs and filming opportunities.
We receive many enquiries about media visits, and therefore ask that you carefully read the following information so that any communication we enter into is as efficient as possible. Due to the volume of interest we cannot guarantee that we will be able to help you at this time but will make every effort to accommodate your requests.
As we are a large and complex community, the process of understanding the Findhorn Foundation community and ecovillage and creating an article or film is made easier if you have participated in Experience Week or our Short Term Guest programme. We highly recommend that you participate in one of these programmes, and will give preference to proposals from people who have spent time in the community in this way.
If your request is about visiting us, please send an email to outlining the following:
- When do you want to visit the Findhorn Foundation and Community?
- Have you participated in any of our workshops? If so, please give details.
- What is the date and duration of your proposed visit? (We can generally only accommodate media visits for up to a maximum of 3 days, and you will need to arrange your own meals and accommodation. Click here for a list of B&Bs in the local area.)
- What is the stance/angle/viewpoint of your proposed message?
- Do you wish to interview any particular people, or visit specific parts of the community?
- Has this been originated by yourself, or is it commissioned? If commissioned, by whom?
- Please indicate the length of your proposed piece and format.
- Who is your target audience?
- Where will it be distributed? Anticipated circulation?
- Please include links to some representative examples of your work, and include anything that you think will let us know who you are, why you want to visit, and what kind of story you are interested in creating.
We thank you for your interest and look forward to hearing from you.
This page contains a selection of resources that may be useful for your research. For further information and images please contact our Public Relations representative at or telephone +44 (0)1309 690605.
For general enquiries send an email to
phone +44 (0)1309 690311
or write to:
IV36 3TZ Scotland
Click on picture for image
For a selection of aerial images of The Park, please click here.
For a selection of images taken by a visiting Japanese photographer, please click here.
Findhorn in the media
- Positive News – November 2014
- The Scotsman – August 2014
- Natural Build – August 2013
- Kindred Spirit Magazine – July 2013
- Calendonian Mercury – May 2013
- The Scots Magazine – March 2013
- BBC Scotland News – December 2012
- STV Local News – December 2012
- BBC Scotland News – November 2012
- STV News – November 2012
- The Scotsman – November 2012
- Forres Gazette – November 2012
- Caledonian Mercury – November 2012
- Green Building Press – August 2012
- Resurgence Magazine – July 2012
- Ecosalon – July 2012
- Guardian Newspaper – April 2012
- The Legacy of the Findhorn Community – 50 years on (12 November 2012)